Private Photography Tuition (Photography Walkabout) - 4 hours
- Duration: 4 Hours (approx.)
- Product code: PPT.1H
Enhance your visual and technical skills to capture awe-inspiring images and gain more confidence with your photo taking skills on a private outdoor tuition session with an expert photography tutor.
There's no set structure, curriculum or location; we tailor the topics to your interests, objectives and level of existing photography knowledge and experience, whether you are a Beginner or an Intermediate or Advanced photographer.
What will you focus on?
Landscape or seascapes | Wildlife | Birds | Macro (or closeup) | Sunrise or sunset | Night or low-light
Long exposures | Waterfalls | Fungi and lichens | Industrial | Colonial architecture | Other genre
Your expert photography tutor: Roy Vieth
In an outdoor classroom, your private photography tuition session provides you with comprehensive instruction and guidance for the many different camera settings and photographic techniques that you'll use long into the future. Roy shares his expertise and knowledge based on many years of study, experience and interest in all things photography - from the practical to the technical and everything in between. The standard of his expertise and photographic works has seen him accomplish a number of state and national professional photography awards and accolades.
A summary of what Roy will teach you…
- Setting up your camera for the best possible results
- Understanding and working with natural light
- Composition to enhance your image
- Correct exposure and exposure triangle
- Interpreting the histogram
- Effectively adjusting ISO and white balance
- Depth of field and aperture settings
- Ensuring correct shutter speeds for the subject and conditions
- Accurate focusing
- And much more
Throughout the session you will review your photos on the LCD screen to continuously improve your skills and learn new and different approaches to photographing a range of subjects. By the end of the session, you’ll be navigating the buttons, dials and menus on your camera with greater confidence and gaining much more from its available features.
Location and where to meet…
- Choose a location within approx. 40kms drive from Hobart CBD* (see below for some suggestions of locations in Hobart region)
* Includes travel to Huonville/Ranelagh/Judbury, Kingston/Woodbridge, New Norfolk, Brighton, Richmond, Sorell, Lauderdale/Sandford.
- We'll meet you at the location decided during our communications^
^ Self-drive to the meeting point as arranged. Return transfers from Hobart CBD may be available on request (by prior arrangement and subject to availability).
There are many and varied locations to choose from in Hobart itself or a short distance from Hobart CBD – here’s few ideas…
- Hobart waterfront and historic precincts
- Mt Wellington – nature, landscape, waterfalls & macro/close-ups
- Richmond Village – colonial and convict built structures
- Royal Tasmanian Botanical Gardens – macro/close-ups
- A selection of beach and coastal locations
- Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary - wildlife photography (entry fee applies, optional animal encounter available)
- Inverawe Native Gardens – bird photography, plants and flowers (entry fee applies)
- Other location as arranged (additional entry fee may apply and may be paid on the day)
For locations further afield from Hobart, you may like to consider our full day private photography tuition session which allows for a comprehensive day of photography instruction in more than one photo shoot location with extended travel to and from.Shared Experience
You may wish to share this learning experience and bring a friend along - someone who has the same passion for photography.
Due to the nature of tailored tuition it will benefit you and maximise your learning outcomes if you limit extra person participation to one (1) additional person