Mt Field National Park & Russell Falls - photo-oriented private day tour
- Durata: 9 Ore (circa)
- Codice prodotto: 1D_SBW.1
A full day private tour exploring Mt Field National Park, its array of natural wonders - waterfalls, rainforest, tall trees, alpine habitat, wildlife and birds.
Travel in a private vehicle with a local guide/photographer and see the sights with plenty of time for taking photos.
- Duration: 8-9 hours
- Recommended departure time: 8.30am
- Includes: Private transport and local guide, fully guided walks, national park entry, morning tea, picnic lunch, drinking water
- Ideal for general interest/leisure photographers AND beginner-intermediate photographers aiming to develop photography skills and techniques
- Non-photographers welcome
- Options available for advanced photographers
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Departing Hobart we’ll travel north-west following the Derwent River to New Norfolk and on to Westerway, on the banks of the Tyenna River. The journey will take you through the birthplace of Australian hops where oast houses of the yesteryear form part of the stunning landscapes that Tasmania is renowned for.
Arriving at Mt Field National Park we will make our way to Lake Dobson. The environment changes from tall forests to alpine moorland and a glacial landscape reminiscent of the Gondwana era - contrary to what you may expect, the diversity of plants actually increases with altitude! Enjoy a leisurely walk around the lake through ‘Pandani Grove’ and a habitat for endemic flora, native birds and wildlife, maybe even a platypus will grace us with its presence. Your photographic inspiration will be sure awakened by the stunningly rugged alpine scenery.
After a specially prepared picnic lunch, we’ll make our way back down the mountain. You’ll be enchanted by the easy walk through a forest of ferns and fungi to the magnificent 3-tiered Russell Falls - watch out for wallabies and pademelons too, or even a platypus in the creek! Further along the trail we’ll pause at another spectacular waterfall, Horseshoe Falls, then, into the Tall Trees Forest where you’ll stand in awe beneath towering eucalypts - the tallest flowering plant and one of the tallest trees in the world, known as swamp gum or mountain ash.
The return journey to Hobart will not be without an option of another brief stop or two enroute for more photos.
2016 Toyota Kluger SUV (aka Highlander) - seats up to 6 passengers* plus driver
* 5th and 6th passengers will step up through wide opening passenger doors, behind the middle row into a 3rd row of seating